Saturday, September 3, 2011

Best weekend! :D

Finally, after many awesome days, I got some time to relax and write in my blog.
3 days ago I mest Terezas niece, Olivia. She's such a nice girl! Bill (the guy who's going to be my next hostdad) picked me up at home, and we drove to a nearby chinese restaurant in his huge red pickup truck. The restaurant was really busy, but we had a seat and waited for Tereza (my next hostmom) and Olivia to arrive. When they arrived we ordered some food that we all shared, and it was really good, real chinese, not Canadian chinese.

When we had eaten, it was probably about 7.30 pm, and Tereza had promised to take Olivia and I to the mall to do some shopping. And I really have to say, I'm impressed how long all the stores are open here in Coquitlam! The mall didn't close before 9 pm, and many grocery stores don't close until 22 or even 24 pm. Insane. As Tereza said to me, the Canadians are major consumers, they buy waaay too much. But I must admit, I really like that everything is open so late. Nothing better than some late night shopping on a Thursday!
After doing some shopping in some a-w-e-s-o-m-e stores, we went and had some ice cream. Really awesome concept they have with the ice cream! You chose flavor, if you want gummybears, cheesecake, brownie, fruit or whatever inside, and you chose your own kind of cone. It was great!

When we came home Olivia and I watched a movie in the basement, and after freaking out a bit because of the horror movie, we both went to sleep in my room at 3 am. We didn't get so much sleep though, 'cause we had to get up at 8 am. We were going to Playland and a fair called PNE, in Vancouver! Julie, Ethan, his friend, Tereza, Olivia and I went there together. It was so much fun! Oliva and I tried all the fun rides, and we just walked around and enjoyed the weather and ate cotton candy and mini doughnuts (which are awesome).
We spend the entire morning and afternoon there, having lots of fun. :)



1. Playland! 2. Olivia and I :). 3. Tereza, after eating some blue
stuff xD. 4. mini doughnuts!

The day wasn't over yet, though! Tereza and Bill were invited to a party, where they celebrated that ramadan is over. Olivia and I went there too, and I think that was the best evening here so far. The family we visited was East Indian, and they were soooo nice! They had made so much food, and it was all really good and interesting. Olivia and I played around with some cute kids, and later we went out on a bush walk with two guys and one girl at our age. We had so much fun, we didn't notice time at all! We walked around in the neighborhood and on the trails with a big flashlight, and we hung out in the kids' treehouse.
It was just a really good evening!

Tomorrow I'm going hiking with Julie and a guy she goes hiking with every weekend... so I have to get up early! Hope it's gonna be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment