Sunday, September 25, 2011

Downtown with the ladiesss

I can't believe how fast the days go by. Especially when it's weekend and you have fun!
Friday was a professional day, no idea what that exactly means, but the school was closed so.. yay? Anyway, that friday I did absolutely nothing. Guess I was kind of a bad exchange student just skyping away all day, but in the evening the skyping and laziness had it's end, because Tereza had picked up Olivia, and soon I was flying away from the couch, running off to Bill and Terezas house to hang out with Bob (not trying to confuse you guys, but Bob is Olivia. Just so you know.) We had fun like we always do, and I slept over at their house.
The next day, saturday, we had plans! Tereza was going to take the two of us to downtown Vancouver to eat lunch at a cute little café called Barnies. On our way to the café we had some Starbucks coffee (which I'm getting pretty addicted to, not good since the ones I order are pretty unhealthy). The pumpkin spice latte is.. amazing. Try it if you got the chance.

So, we had our lunch at Barnies, burgers and other yummi stuff, and then we went to Pacific centre, which is a big shopping mall in the middle of Vancouver. I bought a hat for the winter and for looking cool (ha), and Tereza bought an awesome Canada shirt for both Bob and I. I am sooo gonna wear it for school tomorrow and be a Canada fan.

After doing some shopping (not enough but we ran out of time), we ate some desserts at White Spot and Bob and I painted some blue stripes on our cheeks - we had to look like real Canuck fans, duh! All we was missing was a Vancouver Canucks shirt, which about half of the audience at the game wore.
I was really impressed how huge the hockey stadium was! Bob and I was a bit late for the game because we got lost, and it took forever to find our seats. But finally we were there, and woah, what a show.
I was too tired to actually follow on what was happening on the ice, but the entertainment everytime the game stopped (which was like every 5 minutes) was hilarious! Really, it was almost more about the audience than the game. People was acting crazy to get on the big screens, and the team mascot was walking around being weird.

1. OUR TICKETSSS! 2. me with my pumpkin spice latte.
3. two very full girls. 4. hockey game, Canucks vs. ducks!
 
Unfortunately the Canucks didn't win, but when they finally at the end of the game got a goal, I got the biggest shock ever. Totally unfocused on the game, I suddenly jumped because of a huge roar from the crowd, who made it sound like they just won, it was so funny!
Some other rather fun moments through the game was the fights. People got so excited when the players started beating each other up, for absolutely no reason, and they were like: "YEAH- SMACK HIM IN THE FACE". Nice.

Ha, no, it was a lot of fun. Had a really good day. Today I went to see Bob play soccer in Langley and stayed at her home for some time.
Then I met Julies mom when I came back home, and now .. now I think I'm gonna go take a looong and relaxing bath. Tomorrow, school.

No comments:

Post a Comment