Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hello Coquitlam!

I can't believe it. I simply can't. I'm here, sitting in my room in my new house beginning a new life in Coquitlam.
Yesterday I was sitting in the airplane excited as hell to meet my hostfamily. It was a long travel: I got up at 6.30 am, drove to the airport with my family, boarded the plane to Toronto at 12.30 am, and then I flew, in company of the other 11 exchange students, for 8 hours. When we landed in Toronto, we split up because some of the students had to go north, some west and some east, while some were getting picked up in Toronto.

Mmmhhh.. plane food.. ew.

Kenneth and I were both going to Vancouver, so we had to wait for a few hours in the airport.
After about 3 hours of waiting we boarded the plane at about 6.30 pm. We then flew for 5 hours, crossed a few timelines and landed in Vancouver at 8.30 pm. We were totally smashed and tired, but also excited to meet our hostfamilies. I met Jason, my hostfather, and was greeted warmly. Also another guy from the rotary club and his son was there to pick me up. By total coincidence we also met two other exchange students arriving with the same plane as us! Jason told me that I will be seeing them soon again, and in the end of september we will be having a sort of introcamp together with 11 other students from district 5050.

On the way home from the airport Jason and I talked a lot, while I also admired the sight of Vancouver by night. Big mountains form a beautiful background to all the tall buildings, and tons of supermarkets covered the sides of the broad road. Jason told me that I will meet his wife, Julie, tomorrow evening, and that we will all go pick up their 9-year old son Ethan in next weekend. He also told me that he can guarantee that I will be going skiing, that we will be going to a hockey game to se the Vancouver canuks, and that the exchange students will be going to see a canadian football game. It's going to be so much fun! :)

Right now the time is around 8 am (I really don't know why I woke up this early..), and later Jason and I will be going around the city, so I can learn how to use the busses, and just to geet a look around.


Maybe I should try to get a bit more sleep now... If I can.

See you!

My bedroom in Vancouver. Yay! Big bed! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment