Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jetlag?

At 7 pm I was so tired, my head was about to take a dive into my plate of pasta and yellow squash. Yellow squash is a weird vegetable, by the way. It feels like some sort of pumpkin in your mouth, and it has absolutely no taste. The pasta was good though, fresh pasta with tomato sauce from the local Italian store. Yum.

Today went by really quickly! I woke up ridiculously early, took a shower and ate two pieces of toast. Found out I don't really like Canadian butter. But on the other hand I liked their jam and philadelphia cheese. Jason and I went on a tour around in the area. The city seems endless! The cities Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody just sort of floats together, and I swear I've never seen so many traffic lights in my life.
 We drove to a huge electronics, music, what ever-store called Best Buy where Jason had to buy a few (well, a lot of) things. When done we just cruised around, and Jason showed me where the Rotary meetings with the Port Moody club and the Coquitlam club will be.

I found out that the meetings they have are breakfast meetings, that I will have to attend as often as possible before school on wednesdays and thursdays. A bit more often that I had thought, but it will be ok. Then I at least get to know everyone quite well, and the chances of them inviting me on trips or to their home will definitely be bigger - which is a huge plus!

One of the many big roads. With a view :D

Before dinner Jason and Julie (I met Julie! And she's really nice) told me about the 'rules' of the house and what I'm allowed to do, what kind of duties I have in the house and such.

Oh, and by the way - their dog Sofie is adorable :D

No comments:

Post a Comment