Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Too many names!

Waking up at 6 am has never been my thing... but anyway, that's what I did today. Jason and I went to the Coquitlam rotary meeting place: A swimminghall. The meeting didn't take place in the pool though, even though that would've been kinda cool, but in a big room next to it. Jason walked into the room, and I followed him closely. About one second after I entered the room, the first rotarian came to introduce himself to me. And so it went on and on and on, the names flying into my head from one site, exiting on the other site.

I sat at table with Jason, a vet and some other men. Since it was a breakfast meeting, there was a small buffet with pancakes, egg, fruit, cake and some other things, which we first ate. When we were done, the chairman stood up.
The chairman was a lady and she told everyone that I was there, and that I was going to come up and say a few words. And so I did. A bit nervous, stumberling over my words, I said thank you and told them a bit about myself. When I was done, I gave the chairman my present from the Nykøbing rotary club, a small banner.
Afterwards there was a guy who did a presentation about his work with some young kids in South Africa.
All in all, it was a pretty fun first meeting.

 
The chairman and I at the Rotary meeting. :)

In about an hour Jason will drive me to Georges house. I will join them for dinner - my first Canadian barbeque! It's probably going to be pretty fun, because he has two big kids. I already met his son who has been to France as an exchange student some years ago. :)

An hour ago I went for a walk around in the neighborhood and on some nearby hiking trails:

Down, left: The street I live on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment