Friday, August 26, 2011

Kelowna is pretty hot

Yea. It is. About 33 degrees.
Jason, Julie and I arrived at the grandparents home in Kelowna yesterday evening. It's a real family meeting! Jasons sister, brother, the brothers wife and their kid are all here, and tomorrow even more people will gather for a garden party. :)
Earlier today we all went to the beach to build sand castles, lay in the sun and just relax. Everyone here is really nice, and I'm enjoying my self, even though it would be nice with someone at my age. But I'm all right, after all I will be surrounded by teenagers from the 6. september until I go back to Denmark.

Jasons brother and Julie took me for a ride around in Kelowna, and we went up to the top of one of the many, many mountains, and of course I took some pictures!

At the beach :)

Kelowna from top :)
Actually, there just are such a beautiful and different nature here in BC, compared to what I'm used to in Denmark. All the mountains, endless pinetree forests, huge lakes and even deserts.

In all of this beautiful country, I also found out that many native Americans live. I haven't seen anyone yet, though. Julie told me that many of them are living under poor conditions. A looong time ago they were put in reservations, and the location of these reservations have had a huge impact on their lives. Some have been so lucky to be placed close to cities, so that they were able to sell their country to the white and earn a lot of money, and some have been lucky to live on some oil. But many haven't been so lucky. They actually still are very poor and aren't doing well in society. It's sad that some stupid decisions like that can change lives in such a negative way for so many years...

No comments:

Post a Comment